With just three days until the Billboard Music Awards, the predictions on who will win what is upon us. I figure I would give my predictions as well.
- Top Artist: Justin Bieber, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and Taylor Swift- Who should win: Maybe this is me being biased but I think Lady Gaga should win. The reason is that the woman is amazing. Anytime Lady Gaga does something it is instant buzz. Who will win: Either Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift. It might be Justin Bieber because he is a sensation. His movie Never Say Never was just released on video and it is already the best-selling documentary. It could be Taylor Swift because she has had a great year with her songs “Mine” and “Today Was a Fairy Tale”.
- Top Hot 100 Song: Taio Cruz “Dynamite”, Eminem feat. Rihanna “Love the Way You Lie”, Bruno Mars “Just the Way You Are”, Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg “California Gurls”, and Usher feat. will.i.am “OMG” Who Should Win: Bruno Mars hands down. This song became an instant success and prompted the producers of “Glee” to use it in one of their episodes. Who Will Win: It’s a toss-up between Bruno Mars and Eminem/Rihanna. “Love the Way You Lie” became a smash just as soon as it came out and it made Eminem relevant again.
- Top Billboard 200 Album: Justin Bieber My World 2.0, Susan Boyle The Gift, Eminem Recovery, Lady Antebellum Need You Now, and Taylor Swift Speak Now. Who Should Win: Eminem should get this award because it would be fitting to his comeback. Who Will Win: It’s probably going to be Lady Antebellum. Lady Antebellum are media darlings and the chances of them winning this award are very good.
- Top New Artist: Justin Bieber, Taio Cruz, Ke$ha, Bruno Mars, and Nicki Minaj Who Should Win: Bruno Mars or Ke$ha. Both are breakout artists and have sold a respectable amount of albums and singles between the two of them. Who Will Win: It is obvious Justin Bieber will win this with the impact he has on tween and teenage girls.
- Top Touring Artist: Bon Jovi, Michael Buble, Lady Gaga, U2, and Roger Waters Who Should Win: Lady Gaga should win this award because the reviews for her tour have been very complimentary and she just had her New York show recorded for HBO. Who Will Win: Bon Jovi, without a doubt.
- Top Duo/Group: Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi, Lady Antebellum, Linkin Park, and U2 Who Should Win: This award should go to the Black Eyed Peas. BEP are on fire right now. Their 2009 album, The E.N.D., had five singles that charted and then in 2010, Black Eyed Peas released their next album, The Beginning, has already received gold record status here in U.S. and has went platinum in other countries. Who Will Win: Safe bet is Lady Antebellum. Anytime Lady Antebellum is up for award , they win it.
- TOP COUNTRY ALBUM: Jason Aldean My Kinda Party, Lady Antebellum Need You Now, Sugarland The Incredible Machine, Taylor Swift Speak Now, and Zac Brown Band The Foundation- Who Should Win: Zac Brown Band Who Will Win: Lady Antebellum
- TOP RAP ALBUM: Drake Thank Me Later, Eminem Recovery, Nicki Minaj Pink Friday, Lil Wayne I AM Not A Human Being, and Kanye West My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Who Should Win: Eminem Who Will Win: Kayne West
- TOP ROCK ALBUM: The Black Keys Brothers, Jack Johnson To The Sea, Kid Rock Born Free, Linkin Park A Thousand Suns, and Mumford & Sons Sigh No More Who Should Win: Mumford and Sons Who Will Win: Mumford and Sons
- TOP SOCIAL ARTIST: Akon, Justin Bieber, Eminem, Lady Gaga, and Rihanna Who Should Win: Lady Gaga Who Will Win: Justin Bieber
- TOP DIGITAL SONG: B.o.B ft. Hayley Williams “Airplanes”, Taio Cruz “Dynamite”, Eminem ft. Rihanna “Love The Way You Lie”, Bruno Mars “Just The Way Your Are”, and Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg “California Gurls” Should Win: “Airplanes” Will Win: “Love the Way You Lie”
- TOP RADIO SONG: Taio Cruz “Dynamite”, Eminem ft. Rihanna “Love The Way You Lie”, Bruno Mars “Just The Way Your Are”, Usher ft. Pitbull “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love”, and Usher ft. will.i.am “OMG” Should Win: “Dynamite” Will Win: “Just the Way You Are”