Being a fan of pop culture, I enjoy getting to see and meet celebrities. Since I’ve been in Las Vegas, I’ve been lucky with the celebrity encounters that I have experienced. I love that I am able to document these occasions for all of you who read this blog and follow me on Facebook. The following list is celebrities that I would like to meet, talk to, and take pictures of them and with them. This is not a complete list (the actual list is already long and gets longer every day).
- Neil Patrick Harris: I have been a fan of Neil’s ever since he was on Doogie Howser M.D. He’s a great actor and he’s also a magician. He and his husband, David Burtka come to Vegas quite often.
- Kristen Chenoweth: The star of ABC’s new drama GCB, Kristen is someone who seems like she would be very cool to meet.
- Adele: There are many reasons I would love to meet the Grammy-winning singer but the biggest reason of all is that she and I were both born on May 5. True I am 10 years older than her but it is so awesome to share a birthday with one of the best singers of all time.
- Cameron Crowe: I have been a fan of Cameron Crowe ever since Jerry Maguire but it was his films Almost Famous and Elizabethtown that made me take a professional interest in him. The guy puts some of the best music in his films because he understands how much of an impact the right song in the right place can make.
- Jennifer Lopez: I first became aware of Jennifer when she starred in the movie Selena. Since then she has become a superstar in all sense of the word.
- Ellen Degeneres and Portia De Rossi: For me, meeting Ellen and Portia has a lot to do with the fact that they are amazing as a couple. Also, I know that it would be fun to meet Ellen because she is someone who would leave a lasting impression, and Portia is a classy lady that always looks fantastic.
- Anne Rice: After reading Interview With the Vampire in high school, I started reading other books by Rice and found my favorite book that Anne Rice wrote was Exit to Eden. I loved Anne’s take on the whole S & M scene complete with an island resort that makes Fantasy Island a bit too tame compared to Rice’s Eden.
- Heather Locklear: A seasoned veteran in the primetime soap genre, Locklear is known for many roles in her acting career. Every week when I was a teenager, I would watch Melrose Place to see what Locklear’s character, Amanda Woodward, would do.
- Dedire Hall: I have been a fan of Days of Our Lives since I was a kid and for me Dedire Hall is soap opera royalty. During her career as Doctor Marlena Evans on Days, Hall has been in storylines involving demonic possession, serial killers, and evil twins.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar: From the moment I saw the first episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I became a fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar. I loved her as Daphne in the Scooby Doo movies and loved her role in Cruel Intentions. Her new show, Ringer, is one of the best shows on TV.
Again, I would like to stress this is a sampling of my long and ever-growing list of celebs I would like to meet. I am happy with every celebrity I meet.