This week on American Idol, the top 10 performed songs from the Billy Joel songbook. While some of the contestants shined, others fell flat. Here is a brief summary of the performance show:
- DeAndre Brackensick “Only the Good Die Young”: Okay but DeAndre to me doesn’t have star quality
- Erika Van Pelt “New York State of Mind”: I thought she did good. Loved the makeover.
- Joshua Ledet “She’s Got a Way”: Wrong song for him.
- Skylar Laine “Shameless”: Her singing is too nasally.
- Elise Testone “Vienna”: Strong song choice. Diva-like attitude.
- Phillip Phillips “Moving Out”: Awesome singing. His best performance yet especially the last line.
- Hollie Cavenagh “Honestly”: Not her best but solid marks. The girl is amazing.
- Heejun Han “My Life”: While I do like Heejun, he is dangerously close to being as annoying as Sanjaya from season six.
- Jessica Sanchez “Everybody Has a Dream”: This girl is the one to watch. Flawless performance
- Colton Dixon “Piano Man”: Another to watch. A true rock star.
In the end, the bottom three was Heejun, Erika, and DeAndre. Erika received the lowest number of votes and as soon as she started singing her song for the judges, you can tell from Randy shaking his head that they were not going to save her. So Erika goes home, while the top nine will move into the Idol Mansion.
This season of American Idol has an amazing amount of talent, some more talented than others. I am going on record with prediction of who will be competing in the finale and who will win: