I am glad Phillip Phillips won this year’s American Idol and his first single has already become an instant hit. The music video is great. “Home” has been used during the 2012 London Olympics, skyrocketing the single to sell 105,000 copies in two days.
This morning, the music world lost a member of its royalty. The Queen of Disco, Donna Summer died today at the age of 63. Summer’s death was from lung cancer which she had struggled with for years. Donna Summer left a legacy of outstanding songs.
I saw this commercial last night when I was watching American Idol. Very creative and entertaining commercial.
Haley returns to the American Idol stage to perform her debut single, “Free”.
American Idol 2012 Top 10 with Ryan Seacrest
This week on American Idol, the top 10 performed songs from the Billy Joel songbook. While some of the contestants shined, others fell flat. Here is a brief summary of the performance show:
- DeAndre Brackensick “Only the Good Die Young”: Okay but DeAndre to me doesn’t have star quality
- Erika Van Pelt “New York State of Mind”: I thought she did good. Loved the makeover.
- Joshua Ledet “She’s Got a Way”: Wrong song for him.
- Skylar Laine “Shameless”: Her singing is too nasally.
- Elise Testone “Vienna”: Strong song choice. Diva-like attitude.
- Phillip Phillips “Moving Out”: Awesome singing. His best performance yet especially the last line.
- Hollie Cavenagh “Honestly”: Not her best but solid marks. The girl is amazing.
- Heejun Han “My Life”: While I do like Heejun, he is dangerously close to being as annoying as Sanjaya from season six.
- Jessica Sanchez “Everybody Has a Dream”: This girl is the one to watch. Flawless performance
- Colton Dixon “Piano Man”: Another to watch. A true rock star.
In the end, the bottom three was Heejun, Erika, and DeAndre. Erika received the lowest number of votes and as soon as she started singing her song for the judges, you can tell from Randy shaking his head that they were not going to save her. So Erika goes home, while the top nine will move into the Idol Mansion.
This season of American Idol has an amazing amount of talent, some more talented than others. I am going on record with prediction of who will be competing in the finale and who will win:
It will be Jessica Sanchez versus Colton Dixon in the finale. The Winner will be….Jessica Sanchez.
Only 11...where's Jermaine?
This week’s American Idol created news almost a day before the live show aired. On Tuesday night, American Idol contestant Jermaine Jones tweeted on his official American Idol Twitter account: “Awww I will no longer b on the show.” Later, both the tweet and Jones’ Twitter account were deleted. A spokeswoman for Fox declined to comment on the tweet. No official confirmation was offered about Jones’ departure from the competition until the show aired but video obtained by TMZ shows Jones at the airport. The video can be seen here.
At the beginning of the Idol performance, Ryan Seacrest started off with a speech about how Idol has its share of controversies. Ryan explains that with the cooperation of law enforcement agencies they found out about a contestant’s criminal record, never mentioning Jones’ name. He says that unfortunately the contestant has been eliminated from the competition and promises more on the elimination later in the show. Continue reading →