Welcome to a long overdue “Music Videos to Watch.” I have been so busy with work that I have been lax on this blog but anyway here are some videos that I currently repeatedly watch.
Wisin featuring Jennifer Lopez and Ricky Martin “Adrenalina”: This video is sexy and features one of my celebrity crushes, Ricky Martin, who looks super sexy in this video. There is a Spanglish version of this song under Ricky Martin’s discography on iTunes. In the Spanglish version, Ricky sings the chorus in English.
Lady Gaga “G.U.Y. – An ARTPOP film”: This video is almost 12 minutes long and features four songs by Gaga, “ARTPOP”, “Venus”, “G.U.Y.” and “MANiCURE”. The video was shot at Hearst Castle in San Simeon, California and features cameos of Andy Cohen and the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. The video is a masterpiece and is worth watching.
Neon Trees “Sleeping With a Friend”: Following the success of their sophomore album, “Picture Show”, Neon Trees are back with their first single off their forthcoming third album, “Pop Psychology”. “Sleeping With a Friend” video has a 80’s vibe to it and lead singer, Tyler Glenn, who recently came out as gay, embraces his inner gayness in this video.
Ok I admit it, I like the British-Irish boy band, The Wanted. They speak their minds, as evidenced by their comments on Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Lopez. Plus they are so handsome.
Jennifer Lopez returns with a new music video for her latest single, “Dance Again”. The video is super sexy and glittery. The video also features her man, Casper Smart.
Jennifer Lopez is back with a new single and once again Pitbull is featured in “Dance Again”. This is sure to be another hit for J-LO.
Being a fan of pop culture, I enjoy getting to see and meet celebrities. Since I’ve been in Las Vegas, I’ve been lucky with the celebrity encounters that I have experienced. I love that I am able to document these occasions for all of you who read this blog and follow me on Facebook. The following list is celebrities that I would like to meet, talk to, and take pictures of them and with them. This is not a complete list (the actual list is already long and gets longer every day).
- Neil Patrick Harris: I have been a fan of Neil’s ever since he was on Doogie Howser M.D. He’s a great actor and he’s also a magician. He and his husband, David Burtka come to Vegas quite often.
- Kristen Chenoweth: The star of ABC’s new drama GCB, Kristen is someone who seems like she would be very cool to meet.
- Adele: There are many reasons I would love to meet the Grammy-winning singer but the biggest reason of all is that she and I were both born on May 5. True I am 10 years older than her but it is so awesome to share a birthday with one of the best singers of all time.
- Cameron Crowe: I have been a fan of Cameron Crowe ever since Jerry Maguire but it was his films Almost Famous and Elizabethtown that made me take a professional interest in him. The guy puts some of the best music in his films because he understands how much of an impact the right song in the right place can make.
- Jennifer Lopez: I first became aware of Jennifer when she starred in the movie Selena. Since then she has become a superstar in all sense of the word.
- Ellen Degeneres and Portia De Rossi: For me, meeting Ellen and Portia has a lot to do with the fact that they are amazing as a couple. Also, I know that it would be fun to meet Ellen because she is someone who would leave a lasting impression, and Portia is a classy lady that always looks fantastic.
- Anne Rice: After reading Interview With the Vampire in high school, I started reading other books by Rice and found my favorite book that Anne Rice wrote was Exit to Eden. I loved Anne’s take on the whole S & M scene complete with an island resort that makes Fantasy Island a bit too tame compared to Rice’s Eden.
- Heather Locklear: A seasoned veteran in the primetime soap genre, Locklear is known for many roles in her acting career. Every week when I was a teenager, I would watch Melrose Place to see what Locklear’s character, Amanda Woodward, would do.
- Dedire Hall: I have been a fan of Days of Our Lives since I was a kid and for me Dedire Hall is soap opera royalty. During her career as Doctor Marlena Evans on Days, Hall has been in storylines involving demonic possession, serial killers, and evil twins.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar: From the moment I saw the first episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I became a fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar. I loved her as Daphne in the Scooby Doo movies and loved her role in Cruel Intentions. Her new show, Ringer, is one of the best shows on TV.
Again, I would like to stress this is a sampling of my long and ever-growing list of celebs I would like to meet. I am happy with every celebrity I meet.
This evening, I watched one of my favorite movies, Selena, for what seems like the thousandth time. There are many reasons why this movie is worth repeat watching. The main reason is the very talented Jennifer Lopez. Lopez’s portrayal of the tragic Tejano singer is extremely true to how Selena was in real life. This movie is what made me take notice of Jennifer Lopez.
Another reason I love Selena is the story of how Selena and her siblings became superstars. Selena, Suzette, and A.B. Quintanilla became an unstoppable force in the Tejano music scene because their father believed in them and went to great lengths to see them succeed.
Finally, the last reason why Selena is because of the love story of Selena and Chris Perez. The romance between Chris and Selena is one of the best there is. From how the movie portrayed them, Selena and Chris were madly in love with each other and one can only imagine the pain that Chris went through when Selena was taken from him. Chris wrote a song for Selena back in 2002 called “Best I Can” and in the song he says “you know it’s so damn hard letting go of you”.
Recently, Chris Perez’s memoir about his marriage to Selena, To Selena, With Love
, was published. The book covers from the time that Chris joined Selena y Los Dinos to Selena’s tragic death.
Only 11...where's Jermaine?
This week’s American Idol created news almost a day before the live show aired. On Tuesday night, American Idol contestant Jermaine Jones tweeted on his official American Idol Twitter account: “Awww I will no longer b on the show.” Later, both the tweet and Jones’ Twitter account were deleted. A spokeswoman for Fox declined to comment on the tweet. No official confirmation was offered about Jones’ departure from the competition until the show aired but video obtained by TMZ shows Jones at the airport. The video can be seen here.
At the beginning of the Idol performance, Ryan Seacrest started off with a speech about how Idol has its share of controversies. Ryan explains that with the cooperation of law enforcement agencies they found out about a contestant’s criminal record, never mentioning Jones’ name. He says that unfortunately the contestant has been eliminated from the competition and promises more on the elimination later in the show. Continue reading →